Ego was established in 2004 by Ilario Drago (formerly A&R at V2 Music and then A&R at Virgin Records). Today Ego is the dance market leader in Italy and one of the world’s most respected music labels.
Ego is a division of the Vae Victis Srl group. From its headquarters in Verbania (Lake Maggiore), it has quickly built a formidable reputation that held its leadership on the national and international markets.
EGO developed big hits and great artists under the spotlights of the international scene such as Klingande, Serebro, Alexandra Stan, Willy William, Shanguy, Jenn Morel, Wankelmut, Ben Pearce, Duke Dumont, Michael Calfan, Ben DJ, Emma Louise, Chris Malinchak, Laidback Luke and many others.
Ego has always been the forerunner of new trends, growing the official YouTube channel which is the most followed electronic music in Italy with over 1.2 million subscribers and developing its own playlists on Spotify and Apple Music as official curator. Ego proves to be the reference point for everyone who follows and loves electronic music, and it also owns an editorial agency called Una Music Publishing.
Ego is recognized in dance music world thanks to his network of international partners that includes the best european and world labels that ensure the promotion and launch of its products globally.
EGO Music is also Apple Music official playlist curator with its own weekly updated playlists also on Spotify, proposing the best variety of dance / electronic music, from house to commercial through techno and activity-focused ones.
Here are the official certifications:
– 5 platinum awards for Alexandra Stan – Mr. Saxobeat (Best Selling Record in Italy in 2011)
– Platinum award for Serebro – Mama Lover (2012)
– Gold award for Alexandra Stan – Lemonade (2012)
– 6 Platinum awards for Klingande – Jubel (2013)
– Platinum award for Ben Pearce – What I Might Do (2013)
– Platinum award for Wankelmut & Emma Louise – My Head Is A Jungle (2013)
– Platinum award for Serebro – Mi Mi Mi (2013)
– Gold award for Elen Levon – Wild Child (2013)
– Gold award for Zhu – Faded (2014)
– Gold award for Ana Tijoux – 1977 (2014)
– Gold award for Spada & Elen Levon – Cool Enough (2014)
– Platinum award for Klingande – Riva (2015)
– Platinum award for Willy William – EGO (2016)
– Gold award for Klingande ft. M22 – Somewhere New (2016)
– Gold award for Jenn Morel – Pónteme (2017)
– Gold award for Klingande – Losing U (2017)
– Platinum award for Jenn Morel – Pónteme (2018)
– Gold award for Michael Calfan – Nobody Does It Better (2018)
EGO represents dance and electronic music and we are now listening to the next hits for you!